Jeff Pass made his first website in 1997 and has been involved in digital communications, design, usability, and IA ever since. For the past 23 years, he has been a federal contractor and has worked on dozens of digital government sites including COVIDtests.gov, USPS.gov, HealthCare.gov, CFTC.gov, and MyHealth.VA.gov.
Jeff attended his first IA Summit in New Orleans in 2012 and most Summits thereafter. He was Diversity & Inclusion co-director for the inaugural IA Conference and has been an IAC organizer/volunteer ever since. He helped draft the original IA Summit code of conduct and to adapt and iteratively update it for the IAC.
Jeff is very excited for the IAC to return to NOLA!
Beyond IAC, Jeff has helped organize other industry events including World IA Day DC, UXDC, DCUX, GoodGov UX, IA Summit, and UXPA DC. He has also helped organize and lead UX and IA communities of practice for his employers since 2007.
Jeff lives in Takoma Park, MD with his beloved family. He is an audiophile, cinephile, bibliophile, epicurean/mageirocophile, and LEGO maniac.
- [Re]Connect @ #IAC23 (2022)
- IAC19 Diversity and Inclusion Roundtable (2019)
- All Sorts Great and Small: Reflections on Card Sorts, Citizen Engagement, and Creating Better Federal Government Website IAs (2020)
- The Value of IA – The 9th Academics & Practitioners Roundtable at the 2021 Information Architecture Conference (2021)
- Values in Information Architecture: The 8th Academics & Practitioners Roundtable at the 2020 Information Architecture Conference (2020)