IAC knows that just as our designs are better when we include people from diverse backgrounds, our community is stronger as well. That’s why we are committed to engaging the next generation of information architects, especially those from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds.
Our IAC Scholarship Program provides scholarships to students from backgrounds underrepresented at the IA Conference to assist them with attending the IAC and leadership positions within the IA community. We also offer discounted student tickets to help students attend the IAC.
About the Program
We are offering Student Equity Scholarships, Professional Equity Scholarships, and a Student Discount. Scholarships are made possible by sponsors and donations from IAC attendees.
UPDATE (Feb 12): The scholarship application deadline was January 15th, 2023, and the extended deadline was February 4th, 2023. Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications received, we are no longer accepting submissions at this time.
The scholarship program has three primary purposes:
- to nurture and sustain the professional development of the scholars,
- to establish a network of scholars over time who become mentors to other promising newcomers, and
- to support the information architecture and user experience design communities.
The Equity Scholarship has two primary purposes:
- To allow practitioners who are out of work or between gigs the opportunity to continue their professional development, and
- To support the information architecture and user experience design communities.
All students are welcome to register for IAC using our student discount.
- $525 off the regular main conference registration
- half- and full-day workshop discounts (workshop pricing TBD)
If you need more information, contact email@example.com.