This workshop is sold out.
More of our lives are happening online every day. We interact and transact through digital systems on a growing variety of devices. More understandable and coherent systems = better experiences. As a result, information architecture (IA) is more important than ever.
In this fast-paced workshop, you will:
- Understand the primary goals of information architecture
- Learn how people find and understand information
- Learn to define conceptual models
- Master necessary IA components
- Identify essential IA collaboration skills
- Learn how to communicate IA concepts
- Discover how architectures evolve over time
This workshop has been a staple of the IA Conference for the past three years. Now, it’s been wholly restructured for effective remote instruction.
The online workshop consists of three components:
- Pre-recorded video lectures, which you can view on your own before real-time group activities
- Real-time hands-on group exercises via Zoom
- Asynchronous Q&A sessions via Discord
Lectures consist of our parts:
- Introduction to information architecture
- Conceptual modeling
- Basic IA components
- Basic IA skills
This new structure maximizes learning by making the most of our time together and makes it easier for distributed teams with busy schedules to participate.
Sign in now to access workshop resources.