Carol Smith has an 18-year career in UX, 10 years of which has been managing teams of a variety of sizes, with a variety of skill sets, across many industries, and working with remote and international team members. She has experience collaborating on complex problems; working across industries; and platforms. She has presented over 120 talks and workshops around the world on the topics of IA and UX.
She currently leads UX research to improve self-driving technology at Uber ATG and has an M.S. in HCI from DePaul University. She is an active UX community organizer, including World IA Day celebrations in Pittsburgh for the past 4 years and enjoys outdoor activities with her family, running and playing soccer.
- AI for IA’s: Machine Learning Demystified (2017 Main Conference Talk)
- Ethics & AI: Designing for Health (2017 Main Conference Talk)
- Empower Yourself. Negotiate for the User (2012 Main Conference Talk)
- IA in the Age of AI: Embracing Abstraction and Change (2018 Main Conference Talk)
- Navigating Challenges in IA People Management (2019 Main Conference Talk)