Carol Smith has an 18-year career in IA/UX, and has managed teams of creatives including: IA’s, UX researchers, interaction designers, and visual designers for 10 years. She’s collaborated on complex problems and worked across industries and platforms. Carol holds an MS in Human-Computer Interaction from DePaul University, enjoys volunteering with UX organizations, and currently works on the self-driving car experience.
- AI for IA’s: Machine Learning Demystified (2017 Main Conference Talk)
- Ethics & AI: Designing for Health (2017 Main Conference Talk)
- Empower Yourself. Negotiate for the User (2012 Main Conference Talk)
- IA in the Age of AI: Embracing Abstraction and Change (2018 Main Conference Talk)
- Navigating Challenges in IA People Management (2019 Main Conference Talk)