Current role: Speaker
Past roles: speaker and workshop facilitator
Bob is an information architect at Factor. As taxonomist and ontologist with an interest in knowledge graphs and Linked Data, he has worked for over a decade building and implementing taxonomy projects for publishing, enterprise, technology, and e-commerce clients. He brings experience with information modeling and semantic software to client-focused metadata and vocabulary projects.
A frequent writer and presenter on semantic topics in conferences and journals, Bob’s current research interests include ontologies, knowledge graphs, and text classification. Still active teaching and playing music, Bob has been a member of the local ensemble Gamelan Encantada for the past several years. He lives in Albuquerque with his wife.
- Introduction to Knowledge Graphs ()
- Semiotics of Knowledge Graphs: Fixing Meaning in an Unfixed World (2020)
- I’m a Taxonomist (and So Can You!): Vocabularies as Gateways (2019)
- Introduction to Ontology Concepts and Modeling (2021)
- Why Graphs?: Transcending the Limits of Hierarchical Thinking (2022)
- Topic Taxonomies Are the Worst (2023)