Bob Kasenchak is a taxonomist and ontologist at Factor. For over 10 years, he has designed and implemented vocabulary projects for clients in the publishing, e-commerce, technology, and other sectors in the semantic software space. Bob earned a BA in Liberal Arts from St. John’s College, Santa Fe, an MM in Theoretical Studies from the New England Conservatory of Music, and put in 5 years towards a PhD in Music Theory at the University of Texas before abandoning academia for the information industry. His current research interests include ontologies, knowledge graphs, and text classification. Still active teaching and playing music, Bob has been a member of the local ensemble Gamelan Encantada for the past several years. He lives in Albuquerque with his wife and elderly cat.
- Introduction to Knowledge Graphs ()
- Semiotics of Knowledge Graphs: Fixing Meaning in an Unfixed World (2020)
- I’m a Taxonomist (and So Can You!): Vocabularies as Gateways (2019)
- Introduction to Ontology Concepts and Modeling (2021)
- Why Graphs?: Transcending the Limits of Hierarchical Thinking (2022)