Andy Fitzgerald is an independent digital experience designer with applied expertise in design research, information architecture, interaction design, and prototyping. He works with organizations of all sizes to create elegant solutions to complex information problems.
Prior to forming his own practice, Andy held design and director positions with Frog Design and Deloitte Digital where he tackled the problem of effective communication in complex information spaces for a wide range of client organizations in healthcare, education, financial services, retail, entertainment, and transportation. Andy is an active member of the IA and experience design communities and has spoken and led workshops at UX and IA Conferences all over the world.
- Prototyping Information Architecture (2018 Main Conference Talk)
- Desiring Ecologies: Meaning-Making in the Network Wilderness (2015 Main Conference Talk)
- Language Arts for the Lizard Brain: Vocabulary Design for the Predictably Irrational (2017 Main Conference Talk)
- Responsive Information Architectures (2014 Main Conference Talk)
- Taxonomy for App Makers (2013 Main Conference Talk)
- Data Management for Content Designers (2019 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- Conversations with Robots – Voice, Smart Agents, and the Case for Structured Content (2019 Main Conference Talk)
- Practical Large Scale Content Analysis (2020 Pre-Conference Workshop)