I craft excellent user experiences, using content strategy, information architecture, interaction design, & user research. I help folks effectively integrate UX into product development. I concentrate on “UX for the rest of us,” focusing on helping people succeed in day-to-day experiences.
My work has included engagements with Allianz Global Assistance, the Library of Congress, Best Buy, & the CDC, among others. I concentrate on enterprise software experiences, usually within the worlds of getting work done.
- The Digital Place You Love Is Gone (2015 Main Conference Talk)
- The Territory of the Map: Cartography and The Problem of Information (2016 Main Conference Talk)
- UX Communities: Starting from the Beginning (2011 Main Conference Talk)
- Nailing It Down: Detailing Design to Preserve the UX Vision (2011 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- Out of My Brain on the 5:15: Practical User Research for the Enterprise UXer (2019 Main Conference Talk)