Jared M. Spool is a co-founder of Center Centre and the founder of UIE. If you’ve ever seen Jared speak about user experience (UX) design, you know that he’s probably the most effective and knowledgeable communicator on the subject today. He started working in the field of usability in 1978, before the term “usability” was ever associated with computers.
While he led UIE, the industry research firm he started in 1988, the field of UX design emerged and Jared helped define what makes UX designers successful all over the world. UIE’s world-class research organization produces conferences and workshops all over the world and for companies in every industry. You’ll also find Jared as the conference chair and keynote speaker at the annual UI Conference and UX Immersion Conference, and he manages to squeeze in a fair amount of writing time. He is author of the book, Web Usability: A Designer’s Guide and co-author of Web Anatomy: Interaction Design Frameworks that Work.
- 2008 Opening Keynote (2008 Main Conference Talk)
- From Here to Experience (2010 Main Conference Talk)
- The Most Valuable UX Person in the World (2011 Keynote)
- The New New Hire (2013 Main Conference Talk)
- The New Black: Running the Small Agency (2014 Main Conference Talk)
- Is Design Metrically Opposed? (2015 Main Conference Talk)
- Design Is A Team Sport (2016 Main Conference Talk)
- Unintuitive and Insecure: Fixing the Failures of Authentication UX (2017 Main Conference Talk)
- Optimizing Your Organization To Produce Better Designs (2018 Main Conference Talk)
- The Design Leader’s Secret Guide to Measuring UX (2020 Main Conference Talk)