Duane Degler is a partner in Design for Context, a Washington DC/Baltimore-based usable design consultancy. He specializes in the design of sophisticated interactive applications and search experiences, with an eye to making rich data resources usable and relevant. He has led web and software projects for commercial and government clients in the US and Europe. He authored the “Dynamic IA” chapter in the book Reframing Information Architecture (2014). Since 2003, he has focused on the unique challenges and opportunities that arise when designing specifically for linked data and semantically-enabled applications.
- No Static: IA for Dynamic Information Environments (2018 Main Conference Talk)
- Structure and Metadata: Shortening the On-Ramp to Linked Data (2015 Main Conference Talk)
- IA 2.0: An Open Conversation about Context, Mobility and Semantics (2011 Main Conference Talk)
- The Delicate Art of Facilitation (2019 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- Sensemaking as a Learned Experience (2020 Main Conference Talk)