(Last updated on November 6, 2022.)
Conference organizers, volunteers, speakers, sponsors, and attendees agree to the following COVID-19 policy. Organizers will enforce this policy throughout the event.
We expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everybody. We further expect that all participants will acknowledge and respect individual Covid-related boundaries, such as social distancing, no touch greetings and salutations, etc.
Note: the policy will be updated regularly.
We look forward to going back together in person for IAC23. As we return from three years of all-remote IACs, we are committed to the health and safety of all participants and are implementing safety protocols that all participants are expected to follow. However, please be advised there is a risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any event or public space, including the conference.
Keeping our conference audience safe is a shared responsibility and we ask all participants to play their part in making IAC23 as safe as reasonably possible.
IAC23 will follow all local, state, and federal COVID-19 guidelines. As a condition of entering the conference, you accept those guidelines and acknowledge, understand, and confirm that you will comply with the following guidance:
- you must bring proof of vaccination and present it at registration to receive your lanyard and badge (proof of vaccination includes: your vaccination card, a legible photo of your vaccination card on your phone, or a digital vaccination card)
- while at conference programming, you must wear a mask, regardless of your vaccination status, unless you are actively eating or drinking
- if you have not been vaccinated or cannot wear a mask for medical reasons, you are agreeing to (1) provide a doctor’s note as proof of your medical exemption, and (2) provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within the 24 hour period prior to registration
Do not attend the conference if you:
- are exhibiting any cold or flu symptoms
- are showing COVID-19 symptoms such as, but not limited to: fever, sore throat, cough, runny nose, or loss of taste or smell
- have come into close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 5 days
- have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 7 days
- are under any self-quarantine/self-isolation orders
- are unable or unwilling to comply with local, state, federal, and venue COVID-19 guidelines
Please do not enter the conference or the venue if you cannot confirm or comply with all of the above. If at any point during your time at the conference you do not meet all of the above criteria, you will be asked to leave the conference venue, at KUNVERJ’s sole discretion.
For your protection
IAC wants to promote a safe environment. The organizers commit to:
- making disposable masks available at the conference registration desk
- making hand sanitizer available at the conference registration desk as well as at central locations throughout the conference venue
- working with the venue staff to optimize for event safety
- maximizing opportunities for social-distancing and outdoor activities
- providing opportunities for conference sponsors to directly support COVID-19 safety measures
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, requests for additional information, or to discuss sponsoring our COVID-19 safety measures.
This COVID-19 Policy was last updated on November 6, 2022. It is a living document, and will be updated regularly.