IAC Equity Scholarships are specifically for non-students who are experiencing financial challenges or a shift in their career that would otherwise prevent them from attending IAC 2023. Like the Student Equity Scholarship, anyone interested in receiving an Equity Scholarship is encouraged to submit an application.
The Equity Scholarship has two primary purposes:
- To allow practitioners who are out of work or between gigs the opportunity to continue their professional development; and
- To support the information architecture and user experience design communities.
The Equity Scholarship Program is made possible by our generous Sponsors and donations from IAC attendees.
IAC Equity Scholarship recipients will receive:
- IAC 2023 main conference registration at the Student/ODA Country rate ($525 off the regular rate)
The IAC Equity Scholarship is designed for information architecture practitioners who are unable to attend due to financial barriers.
Those eligible for an IAC Equity Scholarship:
- practice information architecture in your career
- are experiencing demonstrable financial hardship
- are willing to support our volunteer team during the event
Applications will be open until January 15, 2023, with scholarship recipients to be announced around February 15, 2023. To apply for the Equity Scholarship, please complete a short personal statement that answers:
- why are you applying for the IAC Scholarship program?
- what draws you to the Information Architecture conference?
- how would attending the conference help with your career plans?
Statements should not exceed 500 words. Do not identify yourself or your previous employers in the essay.
Submissions can be emailed to email@example.com.
A panel of judges from the IAC community will select scholarship winners. Selections will be based on:
- Stated goals
- Quality of writing
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org