This immersive workshop provides practical tactics for designing, building, maintaining, and governing taxonomies and ontologies. Based on hard-won lessons learned from work with everything from large fortune-50 enterprises to small ecommerce sites.
The workshop provides:
- Taxonomy/Ontology basics: a foundation to start creating a consistent vocabulary within your organization. We also call out the unique needs of building a taxonomy to serve the needs of large enterprises.
- A framework for shifting to an enterprise taxonomy model that meets the needs of your enterprise and the individual business units, systems, user profiles, and interfaces.
- Discussion and activities about the impacts of a taxonomy project on technology, governance, workflows, marketing, analytics, search, compliance, and the interaction with master data management
- Practical tips for providing stakeholders with resources to navigate internal tensions around implementation
- Examples and case studies of large scale enterprise taxonomy projects.
About the speakers
With over 20 years of experience as a taxonomist, consultant, and information strategist, Gary collaborates closely with clients to develop information infrastructure that delivers across large and complex organizations.
Gary is a founding partner at Factor.
Gary is an accomplished kayaker and can occasionally be found kayaking around Southeast Alaska.