2018 IA Summit
A good taxonomy is one that meets the needs of its users. A great taxonomy is one that includes the needs of its users and business goals as a single strategy. Anticipating the immediate and long-term business goals of your organization along with the needs of end users is essential for product success and sustainability. This is true for e-commerce, government organizations, enterprise portals and other complex information environments.
This workshop is based on hard-won lessons working with many different taxonomies, ontologies, and organizations. We will immerse you in the tactics of designing, building and maintaining taxonomies in practice.
This workshop will include:
- An overview of the terms and concepts used in the planning and building of
- taxonomies and
- Taxonomies in the wild – the roles that taxonomies play in real-world scenarios
- Where to start and how to execute your taxonomy project
- Requirements gathering
- Taxonomy design
- Taxonomy testing and metrics
- Governance, training, and maintenance – how to create the infrastructure necessary to build long-term success for the taxonomies