Current role: Poster Presenter, Speaker, and Volunteer
Past roles: co-chair and speaker
Stacy Surla helps teams design and deliver products and services that work across digital and traditional channels. She integrates design thinking, Lean UX, and user-centered methods to put people at the heart of each effort. As a result, clients are able to deliver excellent outcomes for their customers, staff, and stakeholders.
Her career spans more than 30 years, with a concentration on human-centered transformation in not-for-profit and government settings. Ms. Surla is an adjunct professor at Kent State University’s graduate IA/KM program, and was a twice-elected officer of the Information Architecture Institute. She is Vice President at MetaMetrics Inc., delivering user experience and technical assistance in support of a democratic and open market world.
- IA and Ethics – 2018 Roundtable Redux (2018 Main Conference Talk)
- IA and Ethics: Academics’ and Practitioners’ Roundtable (Day 2) (2018 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- IA and Ethics: Academics’ and Practitioners’ Roundtable (Day 1) (2018 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: A Language of Critique for Information Architecture (2016 Main Conference Talk)
- Design Doing: Creating a Digital Practice (2015 Main Conference Talk)
- Diversity and Inclusion in Information Architecture: The 7th Academics and Practitioners Roundtable (2019 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- Diversity and Inclusion in Information Architecture: The 7th Academics and Practitioners Roundtable (Day 2) (2019 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- Share Outs from the Diversity and Inclusion in Information Architecture Practitioners Roundtable (2019 Main Conference Talk)