Shari Thurow has optimized, architected, and designed web interfaces since 1995 and is outsourced to many firms worldwide.
She currently serves on the Editorial Advisory Board of the ASLIB Journal of Information Management (AJIM). She is also a contributing editor for topics such as:
• Search/information retrieval
• Searcher goals and behaviors
• User experience (UX)
• Information architecture
• Human/computer interfaces (HCI)
• Interaction design (IxD)
• Artificial intelligence (AI)
She is a co-founder of the Information Architecture Gateway where she functions as the Search Director. Shari also served on the Board of Directors of the User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA).
She is the author of Search Engine Visibility, which has been translated into 6 languages. Her book When Search Meets Web Usability shows how to bridge the gap between a search-engine query and your website.
Her doctoral work is in Information Sciences with a specialty in Human/Computer Interfaces, specifically search-friendly user interfaces (UIs).
Shari’s company, Omni Marketing Interactive, is a full-service SEO, website usability/UX, information architecture (IA) and web design firm. Clients include Huffington Post, Sony Music, ABC News, FindLaw, Microsoft, Facebook, Angi (formerly Angie’s List), Expedia, Home Depot, Best Buy, Encyclopedia Britannica, the National Cancer Institute, and WebMD.
Shari is currently on sabbatical to finish her next book and academic publication. She comes out of hiding for topics she is passionate about.
- Sense-Making, Search Systems, & Site Optimization (2020)
- Sense-Making, Search Systems & Site Optimization (2021)
- [Re]vising Perspectives on Information Architecture & Search: 10 New & Updated Searcher Behaviors You Should Analyze (2022)