Karl Fast is the Director of Information Architecture at Normative, a design innovation studio in Toronto. He specializes in design problems for a world with abundant information, cheap computation, and rich interaction. Karl has been working on internet-based problems and information architecture since 1994 and is a long-time contributor to the IA Summit. He has a PhD in human-information interaction, is a former professor of User Experience Design at Kent State University, and is a founding member of the Information Architecture Institute. He lives with his family in Minneapolis.
- Designs of the Artificial (2018 Main Conference Talk)
- Understanding Users through Embodied Cognition (2018 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- A Tale of Twin Cities: Fireside Chat with Karl Fast and Kristina Halvorson (2015 Main Conference Talk)
- The Big Challenges of Small Data (2013 Main Conference Talk)
- Information Overload is an Opportunity (2012 Main Conference Talk)
- Making Insight: Practical techniques and emerging theories for data analysis (2011 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- The Architecture of Piles (2010 Main Conference Talk)