A creative leader with roots in sculpture and graphic design, Bern delights in combining the aesthetic with the usable. She has developed award-winning experiences and holds two patents in color-selection methods. Whether launching a business-changing product or revamping a company division, Bern relishes the juicy problems that can only be solved when designers and change agents collaborate.
Dedicated to empowering women to design and code, she can be found on weekends teaching user experience, prototyping, and facilitation. Bern founded and leads the Los Angeles Chapter of Ladies that UX and currently sits on the Board of AIGA Los Angeles.
- IA and Ethics: Academics’ and Practitioners’ Roundtable (Day 1) (2018 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- IA and Ethics: Academics’ and Practitioners’ Roundtable (Day 2) (2018 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- IA and Ethics – 2018 Roundtable Redux (2018 Main Conference Talk)
- Share Outs from the Diversity and Inclusion in Information Architecture Practitioners Roundtable (2019 Main Conference Talk)
- The Art and Science of Workshop Design (2020 Pre-Conference Workshop)