Andrew Hinton is the author of “Understanding Context: Environment, Language, and Information Architecture.” In his day job he works as Senior Digital Experience Architect at State Farm’s UX Center of Excellence in Atlanta, and previously served as a senior consultant at The Understanding Group.
Andrew is a co-founding member of the Information Architecture Institute, and has worked for twenty-odd-years helping organizations using information to make better places for humans.
- Architecture for Aliens: Using IA for Smarter Things (2017 Main Conference Talk)
- Context Walk: Learning How Context Works in the World Around Us (2015 Main Conference Talk)
- Language is Infrastructure (2014 Main Conference Talk)
- The World is a Screen: Elements of Information Environments (2013 Main Conference Talk)
- More Than a Metaphor: Making Places with Information (2011 Main Conference Talk)
- The Engagement Experience – Examining Meeting Design, Personality Management, and Project Culture (2011 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- IA Institute Workshop “Beyond Findability: IA Practice & Strategy for the New Web” (2010 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- This Is Your Brain On Design: How neuroscience can help us create better user experiences (2010 Main Conference Talk)
- Understanding Context: A Radically Human-Centered Way to Design Anything (2019 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Navigation (2019 Main Conference Talk)