Samantha Starmer is an experience design and strategy executive who has over 20 years of experience in leading innovation and digital transformation at companies such as Capital One, Ralph Lauren, Sapient Razorfish, REI, Microsoft and Amazon. Throughout her career, Samantha has led human centered design thinking efforts, and has been responsible for the ideation, requirements, design and execution of new features and functionality that support seamless consumer experiences across all touchpoints of the customer journey.
While Samantha is currently leading a design team that includes content strategy, UX and Interaction designers and researchers, she also has led product management, project management and IA teams among others, and has mentored many who are transitioning their careers into IA/UX as well as those looking to grow their leadership visibility within or outside of their discipline.
Samantha’s passion is the intersection between humans and technology, and how to ideate, create and deliver engaging and revenue driving interactions that are holistic across physical and digital channels. She has created and taught many graduate level courses focused on experience design and information management at the University of Washington and Kent State University. Samantha is also a highly sought after industry thought leader who has presented and taught internationally on best practices for product innovation, service design and other aspects of human centered experience.
- Designing Beyond Screens (2019 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- Create Successful Cross-Channel Experiences (2011 Main Conference Talk)
- Beyond Digital: What IAs Need to Know About Service Design (2011 Main Conference Talk)
- Beyond Digital: Designing for the Cross-Channel Future (2011 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- The Holistic Customer – Beyond the Website Experience (2010 Main Conference Talk)
- Leaving Flatland: Designing Services and Systems Across Channels (2010 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- Designing AI for Humans (2019 Main Conference Talk)