Samantha Starmer is an experience design and strategy executive who has over 15 years of experience in leading large, customer experience and product innovation at companies such as Ralph Lauren, Sapient Razorfish, REI, Microsoft and Amazon. She is excited to be starting a new opportunity at Capital One. Throughout her career, Samantha has led human centered transformation efforts and has been responsible for the ideation, requirements, design and execution of new features and functionality that support seamless consumer experiences across all touchpoints of the customer journey.
Samantha’s passion is the intersection between humans and technology, and how to ideate, create and deliver holistic experiences across time and space, physical and digital. She has taught many graduate level courses focused on user experience design and information management at the University of Washington and Kent State University. Samantha has also been fortunate to present and teach workshops globally on digital product design, service design and other aspects of consumer experience.
- Designing Beyond Screens (2019 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- Create Successful Cross-Channel Experiences (2011 Main Conference Talk)
- Beyond Digital: What IAs Need to Know About Service Design (2011 Main Conference Talk)
- Beyond Digital: Designing for the Cross-Channel Future (2011 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- The Holistic Customer – Beyond the Website Experience (2010 Main Conference Talk)
- Leaving Flatland: Designing Services and Systems Across Channels (2010 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- Designing AI for Humans (2019 Main Conference Talk)