This workshop is sold out.
More of our lives are happening online every day. We interact and transact through digital systems on a growing variety of devices. More understandable and coherent systems = better experiences. As a result, information architecture (IA) is more important than ever.
In this fast-paced workshop, you will:
- Understand the primary goals of information architecture
- Learn how people find and understand information
- Learn to define conceptual models
- Master necessary IA components
- Identify essential IA collaboration skills
- Learn how to communicate IA concepts
- Discover how architectures evolve over time
This workshop has been a staple of the IA Conference for the past three years. Now, it’s been wholly restructured for effective remote instruction.
The online workshop consists of three components:
- Pre-recorded video lectures, which you can view on your own before real-time group activities
- Real-time hands-on group exercises via Zoom
- Asynchronous Q&A sessions via Discord
Lectures consist of our parts:
- Introduction to information architecture
- Conceptual modeling
- Basic IA components
- Basic IA skills
This new structure maximizes learning by making the most of our time together and makes it easier for distributed teams with busy schedules to participate.