IAC21 is a 3-day event about all things information architecture. With pre-conference workshops the week prior and three days of talks, you’ll walk away with practical takeaways and inspiration to take your learning to a new level of understanding. In 2021, we will be online: attend from anywhere in the world.
Monday, April 19 to Friday, April 23, 2021
Workshop registration is now closed. We look forward to seeing you in 2022.
If you are seeking specialized training about information architecture and experience design, it doesn’t get any better than at the IAC. We’ve gathered talented and seasoned workshop leaders to help advance your skills.
- All workshops will be 100% remote.
- Workshop capacity is strategically limited to ensure dedicated time with the facilitator.
- Workshops offer small, focused group learning and networking opportunities.
- Workshops will not be recorded.
|Student||$50 USD each workshop||$75 USD each workshop|
|Standard||$125 USD each workshop||$200 USD each workshop|
Wednesday, April 28 to Friday, April 30, 2021
The IAC is well-known for having engaging talks from thinkers, practitioners, and even students working in information architecture, user experience design, service design, and content strategy.
- All keynotes from leaders who are pushing the boundaries of IA
- Talks that expand perspectives, create a more inclusive community, and show us the future of IA
- Speakers from academics to seasoned practitioners
Conference tickets are available at different price points to provide different levels of swag and help support those who cannot afford the full conference ticket. he Standard Pass includes offers the full all conference experiences, including such as social events. Reserved discounted tickets are available for those who are unemployed, have financial problems, and/or live in certain countries. Be sure to check out our Scholarship Program for additional ways to attend the conference.
- Access to all conference talks, including bonus talks
- Access to conference Slack / Discord
- Q&A with keynote speakers
- Happy Hour with keynote speakers
- All conference social experiences
- Access to Career Center, including mentoring, portfolio reviews, and job board
Premium registration is no longer available.
Everything in Standard Pass, plus
- One single-session workshop registration ($125 USD value)
- Helping subsidize costs for students and equity scholarships
- Digital copy of a book from a keynote speaker
- Digital swag bag
Everything in Standard Pass
Available when conference ends
Includes access to all conference talks, including bonus talks
Register by Friday, March 5, 2021 to save $50 on Standard and Premium registrations. Limited spaces available – 100 for Standard and 25 for Premium.
What is included in the registration fee?
Access to all conference sessions and recordings both during the conference and after, including talks, Q&A sessions, career center, and social events. Workshops are offered for an additional fee.
When will registration open?
Registration opens as soon as we have scheduled the program of workshops. Conference timelines and announcements are best found on this site or via Twitter.
Can I buy a 1-day ticket?
We don’t offer daily rates. The registration fee includes the full 3-day conference and access to all session recordings once the conference is over. For IAC21, we have started offering a Talks on Demand pass ($99 USD) which will be available once the conference ends.
Is it mandatory to register if I only want to attend one session?
Are there any discounts available?
If you qualify for a discount, IAC has reserved a limited number of discounts that can be applied for following categories. Please note that discount codes cannot be combined.
- Situation-based discounts:
- Students, in any learning program (traditional and non-traditional) have special student prices for the main conference and workshops. No additional discounts will be offered. Be sure to select that you are a student to get the student rate.
- Unemployed or furloughed professionals (see Equity Scholarship, ended March 13)
- Location-based discounts:
- Residents of countries with extreme currency: Use developingIA (see this list for eligibility) to get the set rate of $99 USD for a standard conference pass.
- Employment-type discounts:
- People who work for nonprofit: use IA4Good to get $25 USD off the main conference passes.
- People who work for government agencies: use IA4Gov to get $25 USD off the main conference passes.
- Participation-based discounts: Email email@example.com if you have not received information.
- Anyone who submitted a talk, workshop, and/or poster to IAC21
- Anyone whose submission was accepted and is a confirmed speaker for IAC21
- If you and a group of five friends or colleagues register, get the sixth registration for free. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the list of names and we’ll send you the discount code to use for the 6th registration.
The IAC Scholarship Program recruits and provides scholarships to students from under-represented backgrounds. The scholarship program has three primary purposes:
- Nurturing and sustaining the professional development of the scholars.
- Establishing a network of scholars over time who mentors other promising newcomers.
- Supporting the information architecture and user experience design communities.
Visit the IAC Scholarship Program page for scholarship opportunities and how to apply.
Need an invoice?
If you need an invoice for business purposes, contact email@example.com with your registration details
The cancellation deadline was Saturday, February 28, 2021. If you cannot attend, you can transfer your registration to someone else by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No-shows will not be eligible for refunds.