We recognize that during the Covid-19 pandemic, there are those in our community facing financial hardship. This year we are offering a new, limited number of Equity Scholarships.
These scholarships are specifically for non-students who are experiencing financial hardship or a shift in their career that would otherwise prevent them from attending IAC21. Like its sibling, the Diversity Student Scholarship, anyone interested will need to submit an application. The scholarship covers the full cost of attendance at the main conference. Applications will open in January 2021.
The Equity Scholarship has two primary purposes:
- To allow practitioners who are out of work or between gigs the opportunity to continue their professional development, and
- To support the information architecture and user experience design communities.
The Equity Scholarship Program is made possible by sponsors and donations from IAC attendees.
IAC Equity Scholarship recipients will receive:
- Main conference registration to the IAC main conference
The IAC Equity Scholarship is designed for information architecture practitioners who are unemployed or would be otherwise unable to attend IAC21 due to financial barriers.
Those eligible for an IAC Equity Scholarship:
- Practice information architecture in your career
- Are currently unemployed
Applications are now open. Deadline to apply is March 5, 2021. To apply for the Equity Scholarship, please complete a short personal statement that answers:
- How would attending the conference help with your career plans?
Essays should not exceed 250 words. Do not identify yourself or your previous employers in the essay.
A panel of judges from the IAC community will select no more than 15 recipients. Selections will be based on:
- Stated goals
- Quality of writing
2021 Scholarship Applications are now open.
Questions? Contact email@example.com